Hello Revamil Honey Melginate Users:
Revamil Melginate is a calcium alginate sheet, impregnated with pure honey that is produced under controlled conditions.The carefully controlled production process guarantees that the honey does not contain any traces of pesticides. The same quality can be reproduced consistently. When Revamil Honey Melginate is applied on exuding wounds a gel is formed by absorption of wound fluid. This helps protect the wound against maceration.
Points of Interest:
- The dressing borders are free of honey. As a result the dressing maintains a high absorption capacity.
- Revamil honey offers protection against bacteria and as a result reduces healing times.
- The alginate gelling enables easy dressing changes and thus, reduces nursing time.
- Revamil Honey Melginate does not stick to the wound bed therefore speeds up dressing changes.
- The non-stick gelling improves compliance and therefore speeds up wound healing.
Must Know Facts:
- Revamil Honey Melginate is a Class IIb CE registered product.
- This product comes in two sizes 5x5cm and 10x10cm, therefore will fit most wound sizes.
- This product contains no pharmaceutical substances and is plastic and paraben free.
- Please do not use if honey is not your thing!
How To Use:
- Clean the wound.
- Open the outer packaging and remove the dressing.
- Cut to size and apply dressing to wound surface.
- Cover and secure with an appropriate secondary dressing.
- Change the dressing every 3 days or earlier.