Revamil honey calcium alginate dressing best suited for moderate to high exuding wounds. Its fast gelling formation prevents wound fluid sitting on the edges and causing maceration. With its unique honey centre the alginate has the capacity to absorb whilst the honey kills the bacteria. As a results supporting the wound during the heeling process.
Indications for use:
- Revamil honey alginate is suited for lower leg and foot ulcers.
- Regions of soft tissue, for example breasts and armpits.
- Acute and chronic wounds.
- Infected, sloughy wounds.
- Proven to absorb high levels of fluid. Therefore reduces maceration.
- Honey alginate is easy to remove thus improving patient comfort and compliance.
- Fast acting gelling formation. Therefore leaves no fibres in the wound.
- Non dispersible gel with a high wet strength. Therefore does not perish upon removal.
- Impregnated with Revamil medical grade honey. As a result protects against wound infection.
- Superior wound exudate management. Therefore protects the surrounding tissue.
- Melginate vs silver and honey dressings.
- Absorbency testing at SMTL.
- Do not use if the patient is known to be allergic or hypersensitive to honey.
How to use:
- Clean the wound prior to application.
- Open and remove the dressing.
- Cut to size to fit wound surface.
- Cover with secondary dressing.
- Change Revamil Melginate every 3 days for best results.
- Please feel free to look at our other Revamil honey products by clicking the link Here.